Grant’s Whisky has collaborated with VICE to create a content project aimed at groups of friends which will help them tackle real-life problems with advice, tips and hard-hitting stories from informed experts.
Creative studio Uncommon worked on the strategy behind the original idea which VICE then went on to make. The ‘How-to…’ content series seeks to offer an unconventional and original view on how to be a better ‘crew’ member, enabling friends to share knowledge and advice, to help them go further together.
The experts are drawn from different areas than you might expect.
- A human statue who holds the world record for standing motionless offering advice on how to switch off
- A barber who is an expert in chatting to customers helping people to open up
- A survivalist who trains people in how to cope in a state of crisis and isolation on how to get through a break-up
- A psychologist who gave up all his possessions to run a Buffalo Farm helping people to find their calling
- A music editor from a national newspaper with hearing difficulties on how to appreciate music
- An internationally renowned rock climber and owner of a popular glamping site in Colombia on how to be yourself
- A comedian that tests his sets on the streets of Johannesburg on winning people over
“Most guides are really serious and written by experts with loads of knowledge but not necessarily a lot of experience,” said Chris Wooff, Global Associate Brand Director, Grant’s. “They are brilliant but we wanted to offer something a little different. A more contemporary look on how crews can help each other improve – and one that is certainly more entertaining.”
Mike Walsh, Integrated Marketing Director at VICE said, “we’re excited to bring this partnership to life with Grant’s and Uncommon, and help our audience in all corners of the globe to tackle life’s problems with an unconventional, uniquely VICE approach. The opportunity to tap into our wide-ranging network of storytellers has produced a series addressing universal themes while rooted in local culture.”
The ‘How to Crew’ series from Grant’s, in partnership with VICE, will launch globally throughout the Summer of 2021.